Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What Makes You Tic?


Is it that first event of the season, those early morning swims, how about those long Sunday runs in the cold snow during February?

For me it’s just the simple act of looking forward to attempting an event and doing my best. I get excited thinking about lining up next to my pals and ripping through the woods on the single track. The camaraderie, the challenge, and the finish! Oh, a cold beer and a few laughs really enhance this as well!

Over the years I have come to realize that being an active person with a goal of finishing a weekend event has been a bit of a life saver for me. I’m sure this resonates with others as well. The day to day stress of society and the pressures we put on ourselves is ridiculous. Taking all things into consideration at the end of the day, I have realized that I will never be a pro athlete, nor do I want to for that matter. Things happen in everyone’s life for a reason. I’ve been blessed with a great wife and two healthy children. My day to day career is challenging and my overall look at life… I’m a happy regular Joe, Living The Dream!

SCHEDULE - Boom, Bam, Blazin’ for Twenty Twelve:
March 24th Barry Roubaix Gravel
April 15th Paris to Ancaster
April 29th Pontiac Lake Time Trial
May 12th Community Mental Health 5k
May 20th Last Standing Xterra Tri
June 17th Brighton Torn Shirt Xterra Tri
July 7th Stony MTB Marathon
July 13-15 Great Lakes Relay Running
July 21 Versilles Indiana Xterra Tri
Aug. 5 Ruby XC
Aug. 19th Ruby 50miler
Aug 26th Stony XC
Sept. 8th Ithaca CX Race
Sept. 22nd Xterra Tri National Championships-Utah
Nov 3rd Ice Man

No comments: