Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hey, What's Up?

Well, another weekend of fun racing in Michigan for me. The MTB season started a few weeks ago and I have only done 2 events so far. The Pontiac Lake Time Trial April 23rd, and the Brighton Stage Race (3 events) this past weekend. All have been a blast to participate in. I’m looking forward to the season as it progresses. I have a full schedule of events planned on the bike in 2011...look over there to the right (schedule).

So far this early on in the season my MTB racing switch has not been turned. I have been concentrating on running, because Sunday May 22 I’m running the Stony Creek Back to the Beach ½ Marathon. I’m looking to break 1hr 45mins on the hilly mixed terrain course.

My family is coming out to support the event, cheer, and volunteer at one of the aid stations. The event is put on by a good pal of mine, Joe Burns or known in the running world as “Slow Joe”. He is an active promoter of the Medals for Mettle Charity. I along with hundreds of others will be donating our Finishers medal to the charity.

Medals4Mettles Web Site

No comments: