Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Catchin' Up!





Completed the Bologna 5k run on Saturday July 25th and snagged a first in my AG. This is a fun race held in Yale, MI every year. This was my first time running the event and I will be back. I was way off of my personal goal of breaking 18mins, but have a few more planned for the year...look out! I followed it up on Sunday with the Stony Creek MTB Time Trial. I rode fair and finished mid pack. The girls got to hang out and race as well. I'm a proud dad of two pretty cool girls. The photos above are from the Stony Creek event. My pal Jason The Shitty Blogger took the snap shots! Thanks, bro!

Outside of those quick events...been running, mtbing, road riding, and yes folks swimming!!!! You see I plan on attempting my first Triathlon August 23rd. It’s a local event and I plan to tackle the sprint distance this time around. 500m swim, 20k bike, 5k run. This will be just enough to make me puke, but not enough to make my eyes bulge & bleed finishing up the run.

My mtb schedule has been lacking the weekend in and weekend out event after event this summer. Honestly, it has been nice not thinking about mtb’s 24/7. I have had a perfect mix of family, fun, and recreation. COOL!

This weekend I plan to get after a multi-sport event with obstacles, mtb’s, mud pits, running and FUN! It’s a local event called the Mud Fest. Should be a great event to mix it up!

2 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

I'm doing my first Tri on Aug 23 too! But only the Try-a-tri distance... maybe a sprint the following month! Good luck with your training :)

montisse98 said...

Love the pics -girls look like they're having a great time! Good luck with your training!