Monday, July 16, 2007

Ruby, Ruby Your'e So Fine!

Well, I guess this trail is a "LOVE" / "HATE" deal. I have never heard anyone say..."Yeah, I kinda like Ruby. Personally, I love it. I guess because it fits my riding style and training/saddle time. This is a short "POP" sprint technical trail with many things thrown at you. The USA-C race was on Sunday and the attendance for both the race entries and spectactors reached record highs for this event. Our team did a great job prepping the trail and racing. There are so many individual success stories on our team it makes me proud to hang with good people! We have people who's goal was just to finish and they did. We have people who wanted to beat a previous time by 5, 10, 15 minutes and they did! Anyways, congrats to everyone who raced the "RUBY TRAIL PROJECT!

On a personal note: I did what I wanted to do...break the 1:20 mark and ride consective splits! One of my goals this year is to learn to control my pace and be consistant...I still have a long way to go, but its fun!

1 comment:

Todd Shorkey said...

Todd, Great race at Ruby! Very consistant laps and so close to 1st place! It was great to see everyone. Thank you again for picking up a few raffle tickets